Costume College 2013

List the local events in your area that you think others may enjoy, or list something you heard about that you want more info on.
Iris
Inquiring Mind

Costume College 2013

Postby Iris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:46 pm

My son and daughter-in-law invited me to Burbank the week of Costume College in Woodland Hills. She's totally turned off by costumes, so I'll be going on my own on Friday while she's at work. Anyone from here going?
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Costume College 2013

Postby Heather » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Yes, Truly Victorian will have a booth in the Dealers Room. If you can be there in the evening for the Ice Cream Social, that would be your best bet for mingling and seeing people dresses up. Friday during the day is pretty boring, and the Dealers Room opens at 5pm if I remember correctly. Or all day Saturday is good, and Sunday til 5pm when everyone goes home. Saturday evening 5-7 can be fun as you can stand along the "red carpet" and watch everyone arrive for the Sat Ball. Stop by the booth and say hello!
Iris
Inquiring Mind

Postby Iris » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks for the travel tips, Heather. I'm really excited by the possibility of going even for a couple of hours. The weekend is probably when my relatives will want to explore with me. They're into hiking, so I expect at least one venture into mountains -- we don't know which ones this far from the date. I'll try to rope them into coming back down in time for Friday night or Saturday sometime.
mgbetz
Inquiring Mind

Postby mgbetz » Sat May 04, 2013 12:17 am

The Dealer's Room is wonderful! Hope you can attend next year for the full session of CoCo.

I'll be attending, also with another TV member will be running a 'meetup'. More info to follow..for you Anglophiles :)
Time to be announced, but please drop by (schedule willing) for a cup of tea, perhaps a game and prizes, and chatting with other costumers.

Gwen in L.A.
Mary G. Betz
Gwen In L.A.

Return to “Places to go, things to do”