Pittock mansion/Sherlock Holmes PDX Outing

List the local events in your area that you think others may enjoy, or list something you heard about that you want more info on.
SarahMiller42
Costume Afflicted

Pittock mansion/Sherlock Holmes PDX Outing

Postby SarahMiller42 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm organizing an outing for Rose City Steampunks Local 23 on December 17. We're touring the Pittock Mansion and going to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. We're meeting at the Mansion at 10:30AM since they don't do group reservations while decorated for Christmas so we need to get in line and pay individually ($8). Afterwards we'll find some place to do lunch. And around 4pm we'll go to the Century 16 Cedar Hills theater to see the movie. (I don't have a specific time yet since it is more than two weeks out.)
rajani
Costume Afflicted

Re: Pittock mansion/Sherlock Holmes PDX Outing

Postby rajani » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Holy cow. I'm not from Portland but I'll be there for a week on a work assignment around the 17th. If I had the gumption to pack a big bag with a full dress (and pay $25 to check it!) I'd meet up with you.
ljt
Inquiring Mind

Postby ljt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm

You could always mail it out and back! Wish I could go sounds like alot of fun.
SarahMiller42
Costume Afflicted

Postby SarahMiller42 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:48 pm

rajani We'd love to have you even if not in full glory. the mansion is lovely and they go all out in decorating for the holidays. It's on one of the hills and has the best views of the city too.
rajani
Costume Afflicted

Postby rajani » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I may just have to do that. Are you OK with just basic Victorian? I don't really have "steampunk" per se but I do have a fabulous Natural Form dress. I was thinking if I have to check a bag for a week of work, I might as well check a BIG bag.... only problem is that I am on-call and might have to bug out in the middle of it.

Possible it is too far away anyway or logistics won't work.... How close is this to NW 23rd? I work around there.
SarahMiller42
Costume Afflicted

Postby SarahMiller42 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 am

I dress basic Victorian too with out the Steampunk so it is fine by me. I live out of PDX proper so I'm not sure. My best guess is for you to mapquest your work space and 3229 NW Pittock Drive Portland 97210

Return to “Places to go, things to do”