Possible Classes/Workshops in Portland, OR

List the local events in your area that you think others may enjoy, or list something you heard about that you want more info on.
Bookwyrm
Inquiring Mind

Possible Classes/Workshops in Portland, OR

Postby Bookwyrm » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:45 pm

I've recently started working at the Button Emporium and Ribbonry in Portland, OR, and I'm probably going to start doing some classes and workshops. Are any of you around here? Would you be interested in any classes or workshops? I was thinking something along these lines:

- Bonnet making/trimming - either bring made bonnets/hats to trim, or do one up from scratch out of buckram
- Fitting workshop - bring a mockup of something you're having fit issues with, and we'll all pin each other's hard to reach places
- Corset class - though the shop isn't focused on corset construction, I'd be up for teaching a corsetmaking workshop

If you'd just like to come in and say hello, we're on SW Taylor between 10th and 11th.
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Re: Possible Classes/Workshops in Portland, OR

Postby Miss Cindy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 pm

I am no where near you, but I did want to say, How fun! That sounds fabulous. I want to go. :mrgreen:
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
Bookwyrm
Inquiring Mind

Re: Possible Classes/Workshops in Portland, OR

Postby Bookwyrm » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 pm

It's a very fun store to work at. We have some of our inventory on our website (buttonemporium.com) - and if you call or email and can describe what you're looking for, we may be able to help you further. In particular, check out the cotton satteen on the 'site. It's really beautiful sturdy ribbon that looks finer and less shiny and cheap than any polyester ribbon can, but at a really good cost.

If you're ever in town, come say hi!

Return to “Places to go, things to do”