Eastern Washinton Area

List the local events in your area that you think others may enjoy, or list something you heard about that you want more info on.
ggmcrose
Costume Afflicted

Eastern Washinton Area

Postby ggmcrose » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Hello everybody

I live in spokane, and as much as I love to sew, in the end it feels a little pointless if I don't have anywere to wear it. So I'm sending this in hopes that someone in the eastern washington/northern idaho area is interested in this stuff. Spokane does have some historic beauties, but the first one that comes to mind is the Davenport Hotel. Though it opened in 1914, it has some much older looking ball rooms like the Isabella room and the Marie Antoinette room. Go to this link to see. http://www.thedavenporthotel.com/spokan ... -rooms.cfm

If anybody would be interested in a get together, please either respond or e-mail me at ggmcrose@yahoo.com so I can see if it would be worth organizing an event, even if its a small group for tea. I think it would be great! :D
"No purpose of Thine can be thwarted" -Job

*Genevieve*
Lady Fleur
Inquiring Mind

Postby Lady Fleur » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:41 pm

contact christine hall she is in spokane
http://www.ckhall.com/
I also have a friend who lived in the tri cities area i will ask if she knows of events or groups.. i do know they are up there....
also western in port towsend has a vic festival...
http://www.thehistoricalhairdresser.com
ggmcrose
Costume Afflicted

Postby ggmcrose » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Thank you so much for letting me know! I will e-mail her directly!

*Genevieve*
Amused
Window Shopper

How About The Western Washinton Area

Postby Amused » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

ggmcrose, I know exactly what you mean about the all dressed up but where shall I go problem. I haven't been able to find many events in my area. The Port Townsend event has been canceled for March 2010 but will be back for 2011.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any events in Western Washington? I'm interested in several eras: 18th century, Regency, Civil War, Victorian and Edwardian.

For future reference, is there a list of favorite events along the west coast?
Which are THE events that one should try to attend?

:)
katharine
Inquiring Mind

Re: Eastern Washington Area

Postby katharine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Amused, there is the Oregon Regency Society which I think is based in Portland. Their website is http://www.oregonregencysociety.com , if you want to check it out. I've never been to any of their events, so I don't know what they are like. Looks interesting, though.

I have a suggestion for anyone who wants to dress up but has nowhere to go. Volunteer at your local history museum, if there is one. I volunteer at our local Pioneer Museum and wear my dresses there. Just a thought. :D

Kathleen
ggmcrose
Costume Afflicted

Re: Eastern Washinton Area

Postby ggmcrose » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm

It's funny, now that I sew for a living, I found out there is a Victorian society based out of Ritzville. And they do have functions in Spokane. Laura is the president, and her phone number is 509-659-0594, and e-mail is ladyvictoria77@ritzville.com. I hope this will help any of you who have my same question.

*Genevieve*
ggmcrose
Costume Afflicted

Re: Eastern Washinton Area

Postby ggmcrose » Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Alright everybody!

If you don't have anything planned this memorial day week end and will be in eastern Washington, there will be a major civil war re-enactment at the old equestrian park behind sfcc in spokane, 3402 N Aubrey L White Pkwy.

Hope to see you there!

*Genevieve*

Return to “Places to go, things to do”