My 1830s Project

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
Val
Inquiring Mind

My 1830s Project

Postby Val » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am

I'm in the middle of making 3 versions of TV 455, the 1830s Romantic gown. Two of them will be worn in the upcoming fashion show at the Riverside Dickens Festival in Riverside, CA on Feb 22 & 23.
My first one, I named the Cranberry, is almost done. It still needs hemming, a belt made of the fabric tied around it right now, and a bonnet trimmed to go with it.
My second one I named Persimmon and its half done. My third one in black named Midnight Mourning is still in the construction phase so no photos worth sharing yet.
I changed the gathered front bodice of these to a pleated one and had to take out a lot of excess fabric down the front. I'm trying to copy the 1837 fashion print in red for my Persimmon gown and haven't figured out how to do the sleeves for it yet. This will probably stall me for awhile as I have an antique lace collar I'm using and need some more lace that would look similar to it.
I've been documenting them as I go on my blog, Time Traveling in Costume and have been sharing some of the things I figured out to do it. http://timetravelingincostume.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
1837 Le Bon Ton fashion plate Blackwoods Lady's Magazine.jpg
1837 inspiration fashion plate
1837 Le Bon Ton fashion plate Blackwoods Lady's Magazine.jpg (147.91 KiB) Viewed 9998 times
IMAG0075.jpg
The Persimmon
IMAG0075.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 9998 times
IMAG0071.jpg
The Cranberry
IMAG0071.jpg (96.22 KiB) Viewed 9998 times

Return to “Show and Tell”