Victorian Leo dress

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
Andrea L
Inquiring Mind

Victorian Leo dress

Postby Andrea L » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Last year I decided to start a dress series based on the Zodiac, and I just finished my post of my first dress in the series, Leo (even though I finished the dress months ago). I used the early bustle polonaise pattern and early bustle skirt as is. The hat is from Lynn McMaster's Bustle Hat pattern, View A. You can check out some pictures (some taken by the lovely and talented Mary Gode) here:

http://talesofahobbycollector.blogspot. ... dress.html

Pisces is in the works (working on the undergarments and mockups for it now), and Sagittarius is on my radar. I wanted to start with Sagittarius first, since that's my sign, until I realized that, no, I could not purchase and carry around a bow, as it's a weapon. So I have to make one myself. I believe I found a solution, but it had to get pushed back for that reason. So that may be in the works, prop wise, later this year, with the dress coming later. Exciting plans this year!
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Victorian Leo dress

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Love it!!
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Postby Miss Cindy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh, my, how pretty! You did a wonderful job and look fabulous!
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Postby MaryGode » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 am

I LOVE this dress! Pictures don't do it justice, I wish you all could see it in person. The hat is a work of art. I have serious hat envy. :D
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
Andrea L
Inquiring Mind

Postby Andrea L » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Thank you all! I'm really proud of this dress.

Aw, Mary, every time you say you love my hat, you make me so happy. Getting that sort of compliment from someone as talented as you makes me feel like I've finally arrived with this dress, you know? And the only way is up!

Return to “Show and Tell”