1888 "Christmas" dress

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
DuchessArgylle
Costume Afflicted

1888 "Christmas" dress

Postby DuchessArgylle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:23 pm

This is my newest dress, made for Christmas parties. I used the new Truly Victorian Imperial skirt (view B) TV263, the overskirt is the asymetrical drapery add on (TV382) and the bodice is a combination of the 1881 Dinner bodice (TV422) for the front and the French vest bodice (TV463) for the back. Under my dress I made the Victorian corset, the Imperial bustle and made view A of the Imperial skirt for a petticoat. My hat is the Truly Victorian buckram hat frame pattern. I need to get some good photos of the back to show off the train.Image
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Re: 1888 "Christmas" dress

Postby Miss Cindy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Such a pretty dress! I really admire your overskirt. I get timid when it comes to sheer fabrics like that. Do you have to treat it differently than sturdier fabrics?
Love your matching hat, too! :D
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
DuchessArgylle
Costume Afflicted

Re: 1888 "Christmas" dress

Postby DuchessArgylle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Thank you!

No, I didn't treat it any differently. The biggest issue with the overskirt fabric was the beads and sequins that are glued on to make the pattern. At times, it was a challenge for my machine and I had to use a denim strength needle (I broke so many needles making this outfit, it's not even funny!). Otherwise, it came together well, for which I am grateful.

Return to “Show and Tell”