My new space!

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
rajani
Costume Afflicted

My new space!

Postby rajani » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm

I haven't been on the bulletin board in a couple of months because of this remodeling project for my new sewing room... which is finally done! The picture here was taken right after we laid the formica countertops in. Whoo boy. I learned a lot about installing formica... it's a little dicey because it has to be laid out right the first try, but we did it without too many problems. The edging isn't installed in this picture but it now has a light stained solid oak trim on the outer edge of the formica and it's really beautiful. Undercabinet lights for every inch of counter space and a lighted cabinet as well.

I have space here for all my fabric, my office computer and office materials, three sewing machines, plus a cutting table space that can handle about 6 yards of fabric at one time and is the right width to lay it out without overhang. I will have another rolling table for layout and cutting plus a futon couch for just sitting and reading a book! Very comfy!

I'm so happy to have this done now... I'll post a picture of the room with my machines and mannequin this weekend if I'm able. Now back to the dress I had started before this project got underway....

rajani
Attachments
sewingroom.jpg
sewingroom.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Re: My new space!

Postby MaryGode » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 pm

So. Freeking. JEALOUS!!!
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
ljt
Inquiring Mind

Postby ljt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm jealous of the view, my room is suppose to be in the basement. A little 24 x 14 window and cold. And he keeps wondering why I sew upstairs in the entry way. Love the room!!!!
Andrea L
Inquiring Mind

Postby Andrea L » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 pm

SO jealous! All that space! That will definitely be a inspirational place to work, so we expect a lot of work from you from now on! :lol:
Lioness
Information Junkie

Postby Lioness » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 pm

WOW! :shock:
Lioness

Return to “Show and Tell”