1871 Girls Plaid Dress-Finished

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
ljt
Inquiring Mind

1871 Girls Plaid Dress-Finished

Postby ljt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 pm

I finished my girls dress and dropped it off tonight. The little gal was very happy with it. She is wearing a chemise, flannel drawers, pillow bustle, tucked petticoat, skirt, over skirt, bodice, and borrowed my heeled lace up boots. Best part is she is only renting it so I get to use it in my style shows

Hope these show.ImageImage[url][url=http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main.php/v/public/LorettaJTejkl/1870+girls+dress+002.JPG.html]Image
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Re: 1871 Girls Plaid Dress-Finished

Postby MaryGode » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Wonderful! I like how the overskirt splits in back. She looks very pleased with it. :D
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Postby Miss Cindy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

So pretty! The back is just beautiful! And I agree, she looks very happy in it.
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
ljt
Inquiring Mind

Postby ljt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 am

Her birthday wish was to wear a "real" praire dress for her schools praire day. Her grandmother was happy to suggest me as a possible source for that. I also made her a slat bonnet as a gift for her birthday. (Got a hug for that)
Hopefully I will get invited to her school this spring to talk to her class when they are discussing Nebraska history.
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Postby MaryGode » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Wearing the clothes really helps make history come alive. A few years I made 15 calico bonnets for my daughter's fourth grade teacher to use in his yearly lessons about westward expansion. Somebody else provided straw hats for the boys, and kids wear them for the lesson period. I bet your young friend will remember her Nebraska history.
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain

Return to “Show and Tell”