I'm featured in a piece at CNN.com

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
gretagretchen
Inquiring Mind

I'm featured in a piece at CNN.com

Postby gretagretchen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 am

Due to a variety of circumstances, I was interviewed and featured in this article on Steampunk fashion. (I'm Gretchen)

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/18 ... steampunk/
Aka Wilhelmina Frame, Editrix de Mode, steampunkchronicle.com
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Re: I'm featured in a piece at CNN.com

Postby MaryGode » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:20 pm

That is so cool! 8) 8) Have you ever put details of theTweedtastic Bustle up here?
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
gretagretchen
Inquiring Mind

Postby gretagretchen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

You know I don't think I ever did. It came together organically. I made the overskirt, the extra bustle ruffle and a corselet to wear as a dressed down steampunk outfit for The Asylum 2010. Then at the beginning of 2011 I wore the two skirt pieces with my safari bodice and skirt. I really liked how it looked so I decided to make a bodice with the bits and pieces I had left of the three fabrics I'd used. I ended up lining it with scraps also. The back is lined with leftover tiger stripe cotton from my niece's halloween costume and the front with some brown polka dotted stash fabric. I did buy the velvet for the cuffs and collar special for the bodice. The buttons are actually plastic ones I removed from a jacket I got at Target. They looked lame on the Target jacket but they look great on the tweedtastic bodice. I made the hat for it and wore that to Anachrocon in Feb. 2011. I liked it so much at Anachrocon that I decided to make a dedicated skirt for it. I went back to the fabric store where I had bought the fabrics in August 2010 and actually managed to find one of them! So I made the skirt. And it's the best received outfit I've made next to the Strawberry Shortcake Bustle. That's the story!

Aka Wilhelmina Frame, Editrix de Mode, steampunkchronicle.com
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Postby MaryGode » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm

I can just see the tiger stripe lining in the back! How neat. 8)
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain

Return to “Show and Tell”