Golden corset

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
Soundbrigade
Costume Afflicted

Golden corset

Postby Soundbrigade » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 am

This is yet another of those longterm projects. Guess I cut out the fabric for this one more than a year ago. This caused a very obvious problem for me as I had forgotten what size I had choosen and managed to cut out the lining one size bigger, and didn't realize my mistake until the busk was in place ... :bang: Anyway, the corset is working OK, though I missed my wifes size yet another stupid mistake :oops: ).

The fabric is one of three shiny and glittering fabrics I bought in Paris a few years ago. In Montmartre, just below Sacre Coeur lies many small and bigger shops selling mostly oriental fabrics for immigrants and there I found these.
Accidently (well not really) VenaCavaDesign has started to sell busks with golden knobs/hooks and with the brass grommets, the royal blue bias tape and lacing, I've found a perfect match.

Here's the pics (note it is too big for Mrs Soundbrigade) and the colors are hard to show realistic. There are like golden threads on a blue background but it's almost impossible to catch that perfect.

Magnus

When in trouble, when in doubt
Run in circles, scream and shout.
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Re: Golden corset

Postby Miss Cindy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 am

Beautiful!
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
Rebecca
Inquiring Mind

Postby Rebecca » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Very pretty, I love the color!
Soundbrigade
Costume Afflicted

Postby Soundbrigade » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks! Sadly the colours don't come out so good, but gleaming and shiny material is hard to "digest" even for my advanced camera.
I would like some more of this fabric and I have a web-address to the shop in Paris on a plastic bag, but I cannot remember where the bag is ... :bang: I still have 1/2 yard of a yellow/olden fabric, however, but first I have to find some fine chains to decorate a future corset project. Also I am looking very deep into sewing a PB bunny costume, something that is very close to making up a corset: bones, laces (not many) and other details and ways of working that is very closely related.

Ed. Found the bag and the Parisian fabric shop: http://www.tissus-lionel.com/fr/PAGE_Accueil.php
Magnus

When in trouble, when in doubt

Run in circles, scream and shout.

Return to “Show and Tell”