My Victorian Outfit

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
adenafirestorm
Window Shopper

My Victorian Outfit

Postby adenafirestorm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 pm

So I recently started working for a historical society as their Education Coordinator..its the best job ever. But we do alot of living history in both of our Pioneer and Victorian home. The costumes that the society has in their collection lets just say all the same and in all honesty most of the costumes don't fit. So I decided that I was going to buy a costume I mean if I have to be dressed up then I at least want to look nice and not be tripping but the more I looked at what was online and the cost I just couldn't justify it. I was talking to my boyfriend and he said well you remember how well my mom sews right? I will admit it now I barley passed the sewing portion in school and the idea if sewing my own costume never crossed my mind. But I told my boyfriend yes I remembered I just thought that his mom may be busy with other things well she was totally on board and found this site. We looked at all the patterns and we thought this would be the best because I can have multiple outfits by taking off a skirt. She was amazing it took her about two and half months we had many fittings but it was well worth it because I love my outfit plus everyone at work is jealous. The skirt pattern is TV290 it was used as an overskirt and it is caught up at the sides. The Underskirt is TV261, and bodice is TV460. Hope you all like it...
Victorian Dress small.jpg
Victorian Dress small.jpg (133.12 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Attachments
VIctorian Dress2 small.jpg
VIctorian Dress2 small.jpg (151.6 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
JP
Inquiring Mind

Re: My Victorian Outfit

Postby JP » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:22 am

Dear Adena,

Your dress looks great! I wish I was working for a historical society and got to wear a victorian gown a bit more often! I particularly like your fabric, it's very pretty. Will it inspire you to start sewing yourself?

Best wishes,
Joëlle
adenafirestorm
Window Shopper

Postby adenafirestorm » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:39 pm

I wish that I could sew myself but in all honesty I have two left thumbs. Lets just say when I was in junior high and I had to take sewing I was lucky enough to pass. So I am very lucky to know someone who can sew amazing and had the time to make such a wonderful outfit for me
Erin
Inquiring Mind

Postby Erin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:29 pm

How fortunate you are not only to have such a wonderful job, to also to know such a talented and generous woman! I envy you in several respects, and your dress came out beautifully. I have to add, though, Heather's patterns make it so easy to start from scratch and learn, should you ever want to give it another shot.
:fence:

Return to “Show and Tell”