Overdue Spring Picnic pictures

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
Danibelle
Inquiring Mind

Overdue Spring Picnic pictures

Postby Danibelle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't remember posting this after the picnic so here they are!

I LOOOOOVE Erin's dress. It's so light and soft and the fit is incredible!

These ladies were wearing real vintage Edwardian dresses. Eeek! Even though they were beautiful, they were getting all torn up being dragged on the ground! Still....so pretty!

The quartet singing to us ladies.

You can see how windy it was...dear me, I can almost see Erin's ankle!

More pictures can be found here at my Photobucket:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/C ... rk%202010/

I really loved my dress except that fact that I lost about 15lbs and 3 inches from my waist while I was making the dress. It was quite big on me and I didn't even bother to bone it figuring...why waste the materials? I didn't get to put a ruffle on the underskirt like I wanted because the fabric wouldn't fit through my ruffler foot. I still have the fabric ready to go for a ruffle, so I may do that by hand sometime later. Even though the bodice doesn't fit well, the skirts are still usable and I have enough of the taffeta to make a ball gown bodice. And I didn't have time to make a hat so I just made a little cockade hair tie thingy.

All in all, we had fun and I'd love to have something new for next year...if school and other costumes allow for the sewing time!
-dani
“You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.” - Dave Barry
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Overdue Spring Picnic pictures

Postby Heather » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:37 pm

That is a lovely dress, and the blue dress is so cute, too. It should be easy enough to take in the side seams on your bodice to make it fit your new size. Especially since it is not boned. Just open up the lining side seam to get to the fashion fabric and take it in. The hand stich the lining back closed again. It is too lovely to set aside. :D
Erin
Inquiring Mind

Postby Erin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Dani's dress was great! I don't think you can see all the colors on the embroidered taffeta, but it's beautiful, and the perfect colors for her complexion and green eyes :) Is there a shot of Art? He looked so great! I love spending time with them, we always have such a nice day :) And please to note that the reason my polly fit so nicely is that Dani is my fitting buddy, and helped me out big time!
:fence:
Danibelle
Inquiring Mind

Postby Danibelle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:17 am

Hey Erin! Thanks! I managed to find one picture with Art...you know how he hates having his picture taken...
-dani

“You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.” - Dave Barry
pavlina
Costume Afflicted

Postby pavlina » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Lovely! I agree with Heather, that should be a fairly easy fix on the bodice. It's worth saving, it's very pretty!

Return to “Show and Tell”