(Won't let me show pictures, so just links today.)
Well, I started to make my outfit and it's been a lot of fun and frustration!! I had some muslin on hand and went ahead and got started on it over Christmas break! Because I'm making an outfit that I had in mind for the main character of my novel I've been writing...I wanted to be particular about details...so w/o further ado...I'm using LM100 for my underthings:
1. Full shot of the finished product hanging on my duct tape dress form:
http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main ... s.jpg.html
2.Edging on chemise top. I added the ribbon and embroidered the detail before adding the flower detail approximately where the hook & eye are.
http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main ... g.jpg.html
3. Bottom of drawers (the bottom of the chemise has the same detail.) On all the tucks I did decorative stitching and then added the ribbon to the lace and the flowers at certain points, outside of each leg and lower right front of chemise.
http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main ... l.jpg.html
4. I ran a test on sizing for the corset. Turns out I fit one of the pattern sizes perfectly without adjustment! It looks a little funky on the dress form because...well, it's a stuffed duct tape dress form and is starting to settle. (I'm making another one later that will be stuffed much more securely).
http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main ... t.jpg.html
5. Last but not least is my concept drawing for the final piece. I suck at drawing so it's not the best....but here it is anyway It's a dress my char is using to travel on a train for a long time so it's simple and will be in the more late-bustle style though designed for early bustle.
http://trulyvictorian.com/gallery2/main ... e.jpg.html
Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests