Amanda's Skirt Dickens 09

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
Frank815
Inquiring Mind

Amanda's Skirt Dickens 09

Postby Frank815 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey everybody, This is amanda's skirt so far for dickens on the strand 2009. I am starting on the bodice tomm. If you see this skirt, please stop and say hi to us!! i used this fashion plate for inspiration:

My fears behind me, gone are the shadows and doubts. That was then, this is my now...
CherylT
Window Shopper

Postby CherylT » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 am

Very, very nice. I can't wait to see the rest. I absolutely love the bustle. Brown is one of my favorite colors. I wear it almost everyday...BTW be at Westminister Abby at 11:30 am on Saturday at Dicken's and see me honored by the Queen!! First time women are being honored!!!
CherylT
Window Shopper

Postby CherylT » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 am

Very, very nice. I can't wait to see the rest. I absolutely love the bustle. Brown is one of my favorite colors. I wear it almost everyday...BTW be at Westminister Abby at 11:30 am on Saturday at Dicken's and see me honored by the Queen!! First time women are being honored!!!
Frank815
Inquiring Mind

Postby Frank815 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! what an honor! Me and Amanda will most definately be there. Will you be in the red dress?
My fears behind me, gone are the shadows and doubts. That was then, this is my now...
CherylT
Window Shopper

Postby CherylT » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:56 pm

I am going to wear my red dress again. I haven't had time to make a new one. I did finish a dress I started 7 years ago. A Symplicity pattern, modified in a bronze brocaide and black faille.I finished it for one of my daughters... I had to take my bodice in 3inches all over. But, if I have time I will make a matching parasol. I think I told you that. Anyway, Anne Boyd, who is Queen Victoria, did some research and said there has not been any women who have been honored. Only men.... so it's about time. I got an official letter. It was really cool. I am sooo jazzed about this, I can't stand it!!!! I can't wait to see Amanda's dress. I love the back. You will need to show me how you did that. What talent!!!
Frank815
Inquiring Mind

Postby Frank815 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Cool an official letter!! I am sooo happy for you! how does someone get "honored"? Is it a nomination process? How did this all come about?
CherylT
Window Shopper

Postby CherylT » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:59 pm

I have been in & helping organizing the Thanksgiving parade since 1992. This year we are not doing it. It's been a long family tradition for along time. It's alot of work getting young girls to fill all my dresses in my closet. I have over a dozen dresses and I always had a dress that every girl that wanted to dress up to have something wonderful to wear. I also do TV promos with the Queen and also hand out rack cards promoting Dickens almost every year at the Quilt show. Whenever the queen needs an excort, I'm usually one to go with her when no one else can. It's been fun though. I'm really into this!!! My picture has been in many publications. Which is really cool too, so I've done alot for public affairs for GHF. I never thought that I would get awarded for all this. What an honor!!!
Kelly V
Costume Afflicted

Postby Kelly V » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:46 am

Wow! I really like what you've done so far and looking forward to seeing the rest. The colours look very good together. Kelly
Manon Antoinette
Inquiring Mind

Postby Manon Antoinette » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Lovely! Can't wait to see the rest :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
Oscar Wilde
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
Charlotte Brontë
Danibelle
Inquiring Mind

Postby Danibelle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Amazing! How do you do it?
-dani
“You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.” - Dave Barry

Return to “Show and Tell”