When do you retire your outfits?

Show off your creations, projects or other ideas
diana
Master Gabber

When do you retire your outfits?

Postby diana » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:37 am

Heather mentioned that she sold some of her older dresses.

What constitutes "dress retirement age" to you? When you get tired of them or when they are a few years old and you have so many newer ones to wear (that's where I'm at now!) I'm having trouble parting with some of the older ones ,but I want to make and wear new ones. I'm thinking of giving one of my first outfits to a new lady in the group but it has sentimental value. (I'm hopeless.)

The extra bedroom closet holds all my period outfits. (Heather probably has 2 or 3 extra closets! Wow! 28 dresses!)
Diana

Mississippi Diamond
Greeneyed Gypsy
Master Gabber

Postby Greeneyed Gypsy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:09 pm

I dont think I will be letting any of mine go but Im just getting started too...I have an 7 year old daughter...might let her wear them one day...might... :lol:
Josie
Greeneyed Gypsy
SASS# 60086
Sara P
Information Junkie

Postby Sara P » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:52 am

I really only retire outfits when they don't fit anymore, and they get retired to a box in the closet of the guest room :). However, most of my costumes at the moment are Renaissance era rather than Victorian. My only Victorian gown is a lovely royal blue moire taffeta ballgown, ca. 1868, that just doesn't fit :(. I still have the bodice hanging in my closet, though. The skirt is folded up somewhere, I believe. It needs to go to the cleaners :(. I need to get a new corset made, and then see if my old ball gown is salvageable. And get to work on my new one :).
*hugs*
Sara

Return to “Show and Tell”