Late to the Party (as usual!)

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Late to the Party (as usual!)

Postby MaryGode » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am

Hi all! I'm Mary Gode, perched here in eastern Iowa. I've been sewing for three quarters of my life, having been tutored at my mother's knee. Only recently did I start Victorian clothes tho. Before I saw the light, I did mostly modern clothes, and costume for various ballet schools wherever I've lived.

I got lassoed into an autumn heritage day event by a relative in 2009, so I quick made a Gibson Girl ensemble. The next year I made a bustle dress and wore it on a springtime promotional walk around all the old town merchants' stores to generate interest, and boy did it ever! I made thirteen dresses for last fall's event. The best part is all the ladies who said varyingly strong degrees of NO! to corsets talked to the intrepid ones who laced up, and now most want corsets. I'll get 'em all eventually! Mwahaha!
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Re: Late to the Party (as usual!)

Postby Miss Cindy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:47 am

Hi!
I know this has been sitting for a while. Sometimes I am slow at these things.
But, I did want to tell you that I am so impressed that you have convinced such a large number of ladies to join the Victorian style. It is such fun! :)
I have been impressed by the number of men who actually "prefer" seeing ladies dressed this way. They did not use the term, it is what I inferred from their words.
I am hoping to encourage as many ladies as I can to get into the Victorian style and I am sending them all here. Maybe at some point we can get our own society going.
I also admire that you made 13 dresses in so short a time.
Go get em all! :whip:
Miss Cindy
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Postby MaryGode » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Im'a get 'em Miss Cindy, one at a time! The men too! Gentlemen look just as good in a frock coat and vest as we ladies do in our neat-waisted dresses. :D
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Postby Miss Cindy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 am

Miss Mary,
I totally agree with you concerning the men in their suits!
Miss Cindy
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b

Return to “Meet and Greet”