Hello from Ohio

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
azirenna
Window Shopper

Hello from Ohio

Postby azirenna » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi,
I'm a dreamer from Ohio. I love costuming (especially victorian). I grew interested in historical fashion in around early 2010. Now, I almost eighteen and it has taken over my life. I just grew bored with all the irritating teenage girls at my high school. They have no interests and nothing to say. So, I began reading and learning and now I can't stop thinking about historical fashion and reenacting. I'm just looking for people to talk to about my interests because, unfortunately, there is no one I know of around me who shares them.
MaryGode
Inquiring Mind

Re: Hello from Ohio

Postby MaryGode » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi azirenna! Always glad to see teenagers get interested in the craft. I learned at my mother's knee, lo these many years past, and it has always served me well.
:sew:
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~MarkTwain
diana
Master Gabber

Re: Hello from Ohio

Postby diana » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Welcome!

Also go to this website and register. Then post asking for reenactors in your area. I'm sure you'll find some! We have the Cheyenne Social Club on that site for ladies to discuss eras and dresses and bonnets, oh my!

http://www.reenactorswire.net/

But in the meantime, we'll be happy to discuss your interests because all of us are obsessed! I have 23 outfits all ranging from 1865 - 1912; our So Cal group Women of the West puts on Victorian/Edward fashion and history shows as well as belonging to an Old West Group "Guns of the Round Table." We perform skits as well as living history cameos and demo's.

Also look up the Victorian Tea Society for chapters in your area. Although they don't concentrate as much on being period correct, they do have a lot of fun dressing up and going to tea and Victorian social events.
Diana

Mississippi Diamond

Return to “Meet and Greet”