Newbie From Western Washington (State, That Is)

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
Amused
Window Shopper

Newbie From Western Washington (State, That Is)

Postby Amused » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi, *waves* I've been interested in historic costume since I was little, something about long gowns, high tea, ballrooms and drawing rooms just fascinates me.
I'm interested in several eras: 18th century, Regency, Civil War, Victorian and Edwardian and am currently working on a Civil War day dress to wear to our local Civil War event this summer. I'm new to the CW re-enacting, have dabbled a bit in the SCA and would like to be able to attend other events covering different time periods.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any 18th century - Edwardian (I'd give steam punk a try too) events or conventions in the Western WA area. We have a Civil War re-enactors group and and SCA group locally but no other groups. I'm not sure about the Seattle area anymore (I live north of Seattle).

Eventually I'll be able to travel farther from home so is there a list of favorite events along the west coast? I know there are lots of things to do in southern California, what are your favorites?

Which are THE events that one should try to attend around the rest of the US?
rangerfeline
Costume Afflicted

Re: Newbie From Western Washington (State, That Is)

Postby rangerfeline » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Amused,
I had great fun at a Seattle steampunk convention last year -- SteamCon. Everyone was very friendly, and the costumes were divine.
If you ever find yourself in the San Francisco Bay area, I recommend the Great Dickens Christmas Fair at the Cow Palace in December, and Dr. Erasmas P. Kitty's Handcar Regatta in Santa Rosa in September. I intend to deliver a full report on the Nova Albion steampunk convention next month in Emeryville. :)
Amused
Window Shopper

Postby Amused » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Hey Rangerfeline,
I'd love to see the San Francisco Bay area sometime! I'll watch for your Albion Steampunk con report too. Thanks for the recommendations! *goes off happily to Google event websites*
Bobbpe
Window Shopper

Postby Bobbpe » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Here in the Seattle, Washington area is Somewhere in Time, Unlimited (SITU). We have been doing historical costuming for over 30 years! Check us out at CostumingInSeattle.com We are a very friendly and welcoming group!
Bobbie

Return to “Meet and Greet”