Professional seamstresses in or around Portland, OR?

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
Bookwyrm
Inquiring Mind

Professional seamstresses in or around Portland, OR?

Postby Bookwyrm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Ladies -

My housemate is getting married and is looking for a seamstress in or around Portland, Oregon, to make her dress. Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations? SF Bay Area would also be acceptable, though not as good with airfare the way it is now.

Also, if there's anyone out there (again, preferrably PDX) who does professional sewing but doesn't want the bother of a wedding dress (even with a very low-key bride), the fiancee is looking for someone to make a waistcoat.

Thanks much!
katharine
Inquiring Mind

Re: Professional seamstresses in or around Portland, OR?

Postby katharine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Just saw this post, so I'm a little late in answering. You may have found someone by now, but I thought I'd let you know, anyway, about a lady in Hillsboro who makes period costumes. Don't know if that is what you are looking for. Her website is www.lavendersgreen.com, if you want to check it out.

Kathleen
Bookwyrm
Inquiring Mind

Re: Professional seamstresses in or around Portland, OR?

Postby Bookwyrm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Thank you. I *think* someone else actually suggested her and she doesn't do weddings (too much stress). In any case, they found a seamstress they're quite happy with, but I appreciate the suggestion very much!

Return to “Meet and Greet”