Hello from Devon, England

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
Pam
Window Shopper

Hello from Devon, England

Postby Pam » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:05 am

Having posted two questions, I thought that I should really introduce myself properly!
I'm Pam, 63 in July; I've been married to my lovely husband for 25 years this year and we live in a tiny village in Devon with our four Maine Coon cats.
I have been volunteering in costume at the National Trust property Lanhydrock House for the past two years, initially wearing the white blouse and black walking skirt that the Trust provided and wearing period-correct jewellery, before making my own skirt and belt and adapting one of the blouses so that it fitted me better. I have always been corsetted (makes it a LOT easier to stand in the rooms for a whole day) but I am about to make a start on TV110 as my current off-the-peg overbust corset is a). Too big for me now that I've lost weight, b). Too modern in shape at the top and c). Encourages the boob-to-chin effect when I sit down.

So very happy that I've found this forum and infinitely grateful to Heather for making the e-patterns, which mean that I can indulge the 'but-I-want-it-NOW' little girl lurking inside the normally oh-so-sensible 63 year old Pam!
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Devon, England

Postby Heather » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:13 pm

Welcome!
And Congrats on the weight loss!

Return to “Meet and Greet”