TV442 fitting

Find out how to get that dang thing to fit.
hailstop
Inquiring Mind

TV442 fitting

Postby hailstop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 pm

A friend of mine did my previous gown using the TV442 pattern, and now I'm doing one myself.

With that gown, I found that it's just a bit too short and probably needs another inch below the waist to better cover the skirt waistband. I'm not entirely sure where to lengthen though, as the instructions say only to lengthen the back and side pieces if necessary.

Additionally I'd like the point on front to be a bit longer...is it as simple as just adding a bit to the point?

Additionally I had a lot of problem with arm movement in that gown, namely I couldn't raise my arms very high or across the body. Made putting on gloves to be a bit of a challenge. :-)

Thanks!
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV442 fitting

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

It sounds like the armhole is close at the front of the arm, which is keeping you from moving your arms forwards. Lifting overall will be hard due to the off-shoulder line. You can try trimming the armhole forwards a bit and see if that helps.

Lengthen the bodice to the waist at just above the waistline across all the pieces. You can also add hooks and eyes to attach the skirt to the bodice, to keep them from separating.

I hope this helps.
hailstop
Inquiring Mind

Re: TV442 fitting

Postby hailstop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:40 pm

It does, thank you!

Return to “Does this fit right?”