TV462

Find out how to get that dang thing to fit.
rangerfeline
Costume Afflicted

TV462

Postby rangerfeline » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Long time listener, first time caller....
I made part of my wedding dress out of TV 416 (gorgeous), recently made up TV 299 in blue twill (lovely) and have just started TV 462 -- and am experiencing my first difficulty. My corseted measurements are 39.5"-30.5"-44", so I cut the size F with the evening neckline, and every part of the muslin fits except the nape of the neck. I have, not kidding, 4" of excess fabric flapping around back there. I look like Quasimodo. I can pin the ends of the shoulder seams together and it actually fits better. No photos yet, but... what did I do wrong?
--rangerfeline
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 pm

I would have to see a photo, but I am sure that you did nothing wrong. Every body is shaped differently, and you will need to make some personal adjustments. For many, the smaller sizes are a bit long on the front shoulder. So, make sure that the back length is correct, and the upper edge of the back neck is 1/2" above the nape of your neck. Then take a tuck in the front shoulder area in front, below the neckline, but above the armpit, until it fits smooth down the front.
rangerfeline
Costume Afflicted

Postby rangerfeline » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Ah! The answer is even sillier. I pulled apart the muslin and checked it against the pattern pieces, and it had inexplicably "grown" half an inch or so along the shoulder line. :oops: Thanks for the quick reply! Back to the drawing board for me....

Return to “Does this fit right?”