Sleeves for tv416

Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
AnotherBlackSheep
Window Shopper

Sleeves for tv416

Postby AnotherBlackSheep » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm making up this bodice and just finished the sleeves. However, they look nothing like the cover image for the pattern. I've been checking photos online made up and the sleeves have a cuff. Mine do not, they are not mentioned in the pattern at all. Was the pattern changed?
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Sleeves for tv416

Postby Heather » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes, I did change the sleeve to a more period appropriate style when I changed the pattern to a digital format. The old sleeve just wasn't historically accurate.
AnotherBlackSheep
Window Shopper

Postby AnotherBlackSheep » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:48 am

Hi Heather! Thanks for your reply. I thought the sleeves looked more aligned with my research. You might consider updating the cover art. More folks might purchase it with the more accurate sleeves represented. I'll send a photo when I'm finished! It's been super easy to put together and I just have finishing to do.
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:53 am

I think the artwork is the most difficult part of the whole pattern making process. I really would like to update most of the artwork, but I actually can't draw. At all. It's kinda sad really, as I can't draw my ideas as I think of them. If I try to put it on paper, my stick figure scribbles look so horrible, it will actually discourage me from proceeding further. I guess that is why I am a pattern drafter and not a designer. :D

Return to “Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.”