Question about Sizing on TV 462

Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
Miss_Eliza
Window Shopper

Question about Sizing on TV 462

Postby Miss_Eliza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi again... I'm trying to get started early on four different ladies outfits for December. I have the hardest time figure out sizing. I have one person already set I know that the bodice I made her last year from your wonderful pattern will fit her. So she is taking care of. I have to see if my corset still fits me and get measurements but I have the other measurements I need. They are for my teenage nieces so they are quite skinny. I seem to always stumble over figuring out what size to make. Hopefully Heather you won't mind aiding me again.

I have two sets of measurements: (Almost the same but one kido is a year younger than the other. ;)

Em's Measurements
Full Bust 31"
Waist 24"
Hip 35"
Back Width 14"
Back Length 19"
Arm Hole 14.5"

Maddi's Measurements
Fully Bust 30"
Waist 25"
Hip 31"
Back width 13"
Back Length 19"
Arm hole 14"

I'll figure my measurements out later and ask again. Hopefully you don't mind me asking. :D

~Elizabeth
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Question about Sizing on TV 462

Postby Heather » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Wow, your girls are tall! Or at least long in the torso. You are going to have to add a lot of length. For help on where and how much to add for the length, check out my blog at, http://www.trulyvictorian.net/blog1/blog2.php/the-length-measurements-back-and-side-lengths

Because they are so slim, you will just have to go with as close as you can get.

For Em, I would go with the C back and the A front. Then use the A sleeve.

For Maddi, go with the A all around. The sleeves might still be a bit large, so you can try to scale them down 2 sizes. Use the existing size lines as a guide on where and how to make new smaller lines.
Miss_Eliza
Window Shopper

Postby Miss_Eliza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:24 pm

They are almost 5'6" (as tall as me. >,<) So yes very tall! THANK YOU SO MUCH Heather I really appreciate the help. And I will defiantly tailor down for Maddi. :D But at least I have a starting place. :D I tired my own corset on today and have discovered that I have gained weight and have to make a new corset. *sigh* Oh well at least once I make it it will be nice an comfy again.
marie-jeanne
Window Shopper

Postby marie-jeanne » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 am

hihihi. I never knew 5.6" is tall. You would be a dwarf in The Netherlands. Even as a woman. :D

Return to “Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.”