Technical difficulties

Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
rangerfeline
Costume Afflicted

Technical difficulties

Postby rangerfeline » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Not sure where to put this one: is the gallery having difficulties again? It seems to have lost some of my pics, and when I tried to upload some new photos today, someone else's pictures kept showing up.
Help?
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Technical difficulties

Postby Heather » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 am

Yes, the gallery is failing... again... I hate that thing. I will most likely give it up entirely, as just too much trouble to try to keep fixing it. I have no idea how to fix it anyway, other than starting over. That gets old, the 4th time. I am very sorry to everyone who uses the Gallery.

I've spent the weekend trying to incorporate the newest version of the gallery, but my server doesn't play nice with the programming. I will not be able to make it a public gallery, due to a constant need to reset internal file permissions. Though I am thinking about incorporating it into part of the website, as the comments section and TV pictures all rolled into one place.

I can't help but think that the issues with file permission is what has been causing trouble with my old shopping cart, and the current gallery. I suppose the ultimate fix would be to get a new host server. Maybe next year, we'll see.
rangerfeline
Costume Afflicted

Re: Technical difficulties

Postby rangerfeline » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 am

Ah well, I appreciate your attempts to make the unworkable work. Technology really is a pain in the neck sometimes.... I shall find another way to post pics of my orange and blue day dress. :)

Return to “Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.”