Opinions on a Fashion Plate design I am inspired by.

Have an idea but you just need someone else to agree (or disagree) be fore you go ahead as planned? Here is the place for feedback.
Ragresen
Window Shopper

Opinions on a Fashion Plate design I am inspired by.

Postby Ragresen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:36 am

I have begun working on a late bustle gown that is inspired by the blue dress in this picture.

My issue I am having is how I think the rolled or pleated areas are done for the bodice and on in the vertical columns on the skirt. I am thinking that each is a separate material that is done in a rolled pleat instead of a folded pleat. I just wish to hear other ideas on how folks think it might be done before I really start trying to make them.
Ragresen
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Opinions on a Fashion Plate design I am inspired by.

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:29 am

To me, the trim pieces look like a striped fabric of the same color as the dress, and then put on flat on the skirt. On the bodice, it is a strip of the striped fabri gathered at the shoulder and then shirred at the waistline down to the hem.

I could see where the skirt bands are just the skirt fabric with tucks every few inches. But having tucks on the bodice bands would make it too stiff to shirr and have it look good. I would think, anyway. It must be a very fine silk fabric to make tucks work.
Ragresen
Window Shopper

Re: Opinions on a Fashion Plate design I am inspired by.

Postby Ragresen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Thank you for your input Heather. I had not even Considered striped Fabric as being it.
Ragresen

Return to “What do y'all think?”