help with choosing a pattern for a fashion plate?

Have an idea but you just need someone else to agree (or disagree) be fore you go ahead as planned? Here is the place for feedback.
misskineta
Window Shopper

help with choosing a pattern for a fashion plate?

Postby misskineta » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:46 pm

(I hope the picture works, I'm on my phone...) I am completely obsessed with this gray dress and was wondering what patterns would work best to get the foundation? I think I'll be okay with the trimming, but this will be my first bustle dress and I'll definitely need a pattern. I still need to sew my under things so no rush at all :) Thanks in advance!

1874 harpers.jpg
1874 harpers.jpg (137.87 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Heather
Site Admin

Re: help with choosing a pattern for a fashion plate?

Postby Heather » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 pm

I think you want to go with TV208 for the skirt and overskirt. View A, I think has the apron that goes to the center back and then has sashes. I think this will get you really close to this plate. You just need to add all that trim.

For the bodice, I think you can use TV460, from the Late bustle period. It will get you the smooth fit over the hip. Change out the sleeve to any of the early bustle sleeves. The one in TV405 would work well, just omit the cuff and do trim at the wrist instead. Or, you could even just use TV405 for the whole bodice, and just cut the hem to a different shape at the hip.
misskineta
Window Shopper

Re: help with choosing a pattern for a fashion plate?

Postby misskineta » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks Heather! I think those will be perfect! I can't wait to start! :)

Return to “What do y'all think?”