Little Girl's Dress

Have an idea but you just need someone else to agree (or disagree) be fore you go ahead as planned? Here is the place for feedback.
padmeskywalker54
Window Shopper

Little Girl's Dress

Postby padmeskywalker54 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm planning a dress for my young neice, my problem being a lack of patterns for fancy children's clothing. The dress is a formal gown, around 1858-1861. Drafting a skirt is no problem, but I'd like a little advice on a bodice. Seeing as most children's clothing was a scaled version of adult clothing, would it be possible to use TV442 and simply scale it down, using shallower darts and cutting the neckline without the V? Has anyone else tried this?
Val
Inquiring Mind

Re: Little Girl's Dress

Postby Val » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

You didn't mention your niece's age so I'm not sure if you mean young girl, or young teen. If its the young teen, I'm no help with resizing patterns. Have you tried Elizabeth Stewart Clark's one for young ladies? It could be used to make something like this white dress with a Swiss waist.
Attachments
1860s girl with Swiss waist.jpg
1860s girl with Swiss waist.jpg (43.97 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
sashasuman
Window Shopper

Re: Little Girl's Dress

Postby sashasuman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:23 pm

they used linen for summer riding habit, so that would be be fine. For an alternative, you can also use a cotton twill or light canvas. Or something similar.
We are the leading the world in providing best E20-597 gre and testking prep solutions. Our incredible offers for nova and www.ku.edu gedare accessible at Florida National University

Return to “What do y'all think?”