1880 Split Pannier Overskirt

Have an idea but you just need someone else to agree (or disagree) be fore you go ahead as planned? Here is the place for feedback.
diana
Master Gabber

1880 Split Pannier Overskirt

Postby diana » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 pm

I know many of you made the 1880 Split Pannier Overskirt. Can anyone give me an ESTIMATED time of completion from start to finish? With or without trim.
Diana

Mississippi Diamond
rajani
Costume Afflicted

Re: 1880 Split Pannier Overskirt

Postby rajani » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm most of the way through a split pannier skirt for a dress I'm working on right now. All I have to put on it is the waistband and closure hooks. It seriously took me only one afternoon. It's just cutting out and sewing a few large but simple pieces, adding some tie-string cases on the inside and some gathering to shape it. The reason the waistband isn't on it yet is I can't decide how I want to do the trim and I want to be able to catch the trim at the top front into the waistband so it looks "finished".

Keep in mind this isn't trimmed yet. I'm sort of an 'over-the-top' trim fanatic so I'd guess once I decide on a trim style I would have a couple of days of additional work on it. But you definitely can make a simple version in one afternoon.
diana
Master Gabber

Postby diana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am

What does one afternoon mean to you? 4 hours? 5 hours? I usually takes me 5 hours for the August overskirt including waistband and ruffles.
Diana

Mississippi Diamond
rajani
Costume Afflicted

Postby rajani » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Depends on how fast you sew, I guess. It might be 5 hours for me. Just a guesstimate, though.

Return to “What do y'all think?”