What do you think of the RiverJuction clothing?

Have an idea but you just need someone else to agree (or disagree) be fore you go ahead as planned? Here is the place for feedback.
fashionhistorylover
Window Shopper

What do you think of the RiverJuction clothing?

Postby fashionhistorylover » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:05 pm

I like some of the stuff on the River Junction and I want your opinion. I am in the process of losing weight and I am not sure if I should sew complicated dress that will end up being too big for me.
kate
Inquiring Mind

River Junction

Postby kate » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:46 pm

We have ordered a few times from River Junction and were very frustrated. If they don't have what you order they don't tell you, they just substitute something else. They are very sloooooooow too. And when I called to order, check on order, etc., the person I talked to knew nothing about my order, didn't care, and didn't offer to put someone on the phone who did. We are not the only ones who have had bad experiences with this company. Sadly, there aren't all that many choices. If you do order from them, Good Luck!
kate
fashionhistorylover
Window Shopper

Postby fashionhistorylover » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks
Dana
Master Gabber

Postby Dana » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 pm

I have not ordered clothes from them but I have ordered other things and yes, they are always slow. I wish I knew why.

As for losing weight, just make yourself something that's fairly easy to take in. I've lost 30 pounds over the last year and a half and have not had too much of a problem taking in seams on the dresses I've made from Heather's patterns.
Kit
Costume Afflicted

Postby Kit » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 am

While I have had no interaction with this company in any way, the issues you are describing sound like what happens with a "drop shipping" web busisness.

Typically, these individuals have a nice web site with items for order that they do not actually stock. When you place an order, they order your item from a supplier and have it shipped to you.

Some companies have suppliers in China/India/Thailand while others have suppliers in Eastern Europe, such as Poland, the Ukraine, etc.

This causes long shipping times, incorrect orders received, no oversight of orders once the company orders "your item" to be from their supplier, etc.

That said, some reenactment items from overseas are reasonably priced, decent quality and are serviceable enough.
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris - If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar
http://amsterdamesshop.com/Home_Page.php

Return to “What do y'all think?”