TV101 tips up?!

Undies, everyone has to wear them.
marylou426

TV101 tips up?!

Postby marylou426 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 am

Just finished (sort of) the 101 bustle, when I tried it on the wire tips up. :bang: I'm thinking one of two things and if anyone else has a different idea please share it. :confused:

First idea: On the top bone the side points of attachement of the bone casing in the side seems is slightly lower then the middle back of the bone casing. Meaning I should raise/lower the casing accordingly.

Second thought: Take the waist band off, (oh the horrors! :scared: :eep: ) and gather some of the fabric more to the back?

Or should i leave it alone, because it only tips up and inch or so and I figure the skirts will hold it down, and nobody would know, except me cause I need it perfect.
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV101 tips up?!

Postby Heather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 am

Well, I haven't heard of this problem for the TV101 bustle. I did recently find a mistake on the TV108 bustle redraft, with how the waistband is sewn on.
Hopefully, I didn't make a similar mistake for the TV101. More on that in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6886

The only other thing I can think that might be an issue is that the prominence of your natural shape can effect how the bustle sits. In other words, if you backside is more generous, then that can cause the bustle to sit at an increased angle. Try adjusting the tie strings at the back, and see if that helps.
marylou426

Postby marylou426 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks Heather,

If I'd had looked at the 108 as well as 101, I would have seen the post right under mine, has the same problem. I do have somewhat of a "natural bustle" :oops: But the problem with where I attached the waist band totally falls on me, so I redid it. Thanks for your help, this is why I buy your patterns! :D :D
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Ah good, and I glad that fixes the problem. I took a look at the pattern, and it seems I didn't put any notches on the waistband at all. So I will go add them right now. Thank you for pointing this out. :D
sarcasm-hime
Window Shopper

Postby sarcasm-hime » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 pm

I just made up the TV101 and had the same problem of the bustle tipping upwards. I have a short waist, a sway-back and a not-insignificant butt so I'm assuming it was a combination of these that caused the problem. I found that if I moved where the side seams of the bustle attach to the waistband, it fixed the issue.

From what I could tell, the pattern indicated that the notches on the waistband should match up with the side seams of the bustle, with no gathering along the back waistband. (If I got this wrong, sorry!) However I found that I had to move the top edge of the side seams inwards towards my center back, adding some small gathers along the back, and redistributing some of the ease that had been in the front. This reduced the strain and allowed the bustle to sit straight.

Just wanted to add a note here in case anyone else runs into the same issue :)
Sarcasm-hime.net - costumes, jewellery and art

Return to “Petticoats, drawers, and other underwear”