Shortening TV103

Undies, everyone has to wear them.
pastryfairy
Window Shopper

Shortening TV103

Postby pastryfairy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Hi all!

I'm making up TV103 and am wondering about how to shorten it. I'm 5'2" and my waist-to-floor measurement is 37". Given that the pattern is 36" from waist to hem, I'm assuming I will need to shorten by at least 3-4 inches. Where is the best place to shorten on the pattern, and do you recommend any other alterations for short people?

Thanks so much!
-Jessica
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Shortening TV103

Postby Heather » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 pm

A quick and dirty way to shorten the hoop would be to just omit the bottom hoops. Make row 8 the bottom, and maybe add a second hoop just above it, like the original bottom has.

A more complicated way of doing it, would be to shorten all the vertical support tapes a little bit in between each of the hoops. So, if you wanted to shorten 4" total, you would shorten each hoop layer by almost 1/2".
gretagretchen
Inquiring Mind

Postby gretagretchen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm also having a shortening issue. 36 inches is the top of my bare foot. How much do I need to shorten my hoop and how should I do it?
Aka Wilhelmina Frame, Editrix de Mode, steampunkchronicle.com
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:13 am

I would shorted exactly the same as I mentioned above. Taking off the bottom two wires will shorted the cage about 4" which should be good. This hoop looks better a little bit longer than a typical round hoop, so 6-10" above the ground is good for the hem length.

Return to “Petticoats, drawers, and other underwear”