TV110, where should I start?

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
CaityB
Window Shopper

TV110, where should I start?

Postby CaityB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 am

Hello! Thanks for accepting me to the forum!
I just purchased the TV110 digital download (my first digital pattern!) and I'm torn as to where I should start my first mock up.

My measurements are...
Full bust - 31
Waist- 26 (natural)
Hip - 33
I wear an A cup bra.

Do y'all think I should start with "B" for the hips and bust and "C" for the waist, or go with all "B" or all "C"?
It just seems like wishful thinking going from a 26 natural waist to 21 inches corseted. Then again if I subtract 2-4 inches from my natural measurement I'm at 22-24 which is +1(or+3) inch from the B size, just like my bust and hip measures are. :lol:

I'd like to get the best start to hopefully minimize the amount of time making/adjusting mock ups.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. You suggested making the mock up by sewing a 2in panel in the back to be a placeholder for the lacing... since I'm +1 inch from the B measurement, should I do a 3 inch panel during the mock up?
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV110, where should I start?

Postby Heather » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:40 am

Most often, thin people have a hard time reducing the waist measure due to the fact that they have to move ribs to get smaller. Whereas heavier people can move body tissue and leave the ribcage alone. Unless you are interested in tight lacing, or know that you squish well, I would stick to 2" reduction, and not ask for too much.

For the bust, I would go with the size C - A-cup. If you have to reduce the lower ribcage, then you will most likely end up increasing your upper ribcage. So adding the 1" here should help.

And with the hip, adding the 1" with the Size C will help get out over your hips and let you bring in the waist.

So, I think go with the straight up size C, A cup.
CaityB
Window Shopper

Re: TV110, where should I start?

Postby CaityB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 am

Awesome! I will do that. Thank you for your advice and thank you for your awesome patterns and company and forum. I have a hard time finding patterns that fit, generally I'm as small or smaller than the smallest size. It's really awesome to find that's not the case with your patterns. Thanks again.

Return to “Corsets”