Another LM 100 Sizing Question

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
biocarolyn
Window Shopper

Another LM 100 Sizing Question

Postby biocarolyn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 pm

So, before I begin my mockup, I just want to check on the size I'm considering. My measurements in a modern bra are 46" bust (bra size 38FF), 37" waist, 45 1/2" hip.

I'm planning the Dore, and started with with D. However, my bust in that size is a 20 and waist and hips, a 22. So the suggestion is to go down to the C. For the C, I'm pretty much a straight 22. However, the suggestion is to go down a size or two on the larger sizes. So, the 20C or even 18C. I intend to lace relatively firmly, but I've never tight laced before. This is only my second corset, my first is a regency style so not designed for waist reduction.

Does this sound right? Thoughts on whether I should start with the 18C or 20C? Thanks!
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Another LM 100 Sizing Question

Postby Heather » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Sounds like a good plan if you do not much reduction at the waist.

So based on your measurements, I would go with the following:

Bust: size 20, C cup (one size down from the 22)
waist: size 20 for a reduction of 1" (one size down from the 22)
hip: size 22 (one size down from the 22)

OR, if you want more reduction in the waist area, then I would go down one size in the waist:

Bust: size 18, D cup (one size down from 20)
wasit: size 18 for a reduction of 3" (one size down from 20)
Hip: size 20 (once size down from 22)

If you are more of a fluffy person, 3" is a very easy reduction. I think the 1" is a little conservative, unless you are a very solid and unyielding body type, in which case stick with the 1".
biocarolyn
Window Shopper

Re: Another LM 100 Sizing Question

Postby biocarolyn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:00 am

Thank you, this is so helpful! I'm definitely on the fluffier side, so I'll try the 18D with the 20 hips and definitely update when I get to the mockup stage. Thanks for your help!!

Return to “Corsets”