TV110 back side question

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

TV110 back side question

Postby Miss Cindy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:40 am

I am wondering how the bottom back side of the corset should be adjusted if that particular spot causes pain. It is not at the center back, but at the fifth panel.
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV110 back side question

Postby Heather » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Usually, pain is caused by the boning twisting in the casing, and pressing into the back at the kink. This is caused by the shape of the corset not matching your body shape, and the seams not being vertical from top to bottom. If your gap is wider or narrower at the waistline than at the top and bottom, then the bones will twist and kink. Make sure that you are lacing to an even gap from top to bottom. Adjust your sizing as needed to make the corset fit you correctly.

When you lace up, the pressure should be distributed over your body. There should be almost no pressure at the hip and bust edges, with the tension getting gradually tighter as you get to the waistline. If you lacing is shifting in the grommets, and the tension is not staying where you need it, you can break your lacing into smaller zones, and lace the separate zones separately.

Lastly, you might just be lacing too tightly. Corsets are not about getting the smallest waist you can get. They are about supporting the bust, and firming up the torso so that clothing sits better on the body. A lean body can expect to take 0-2" off of their waist measure. (I know some people that gain 1"). A moderate figure can expect to take 1-3" off the waist (I personally get 2"). Larger, softer frames can often take off 4-6". Don't over do it.
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Re: TV110 back side question

Postby Miss Cindy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Thank you!
I do try to make sure the gap in the back is even from top to bottom.
When I feel the boning, I cannot feel any twisting to the bone. Not in the back, anyway.
I am guessing then, that maybe the hip measurement is on the small size.
I am trying to make my next corset so that it is less reduction on the waist. Especially, since it seems that I have gained waist size.
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b

Return to “Corsets”