Corset bust too small

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
Lardpig
Window Shopper

Corset bust too small

Postby Lardpig » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:11 am

Hello,

I need some advice on corset bust sizing. I'm making a new corset and this will be my second TV110. The first one fit beautifully so I decided to make another with more waist reduction. I've made a mockup out of herringbone canvas and boned each seam and used a spoon busk. I tried the mock up on and it fits everywhere apart from the bust. The back seems fine but the bust is too small and my bust is just being pushed up and over the cups rather than sitting into them. Do I need to make the whole bust larger or just the cup size? Also the spoon busk seems to have made the front shorter, I know that sounds ridiculous but compared to my other corset it is at least half an inch shorter and I can only imagine this is due to the busk. I do have photos but I might have to email them as they are to big to attach to the post. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Corset bust too small

Postby Heather » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:39 am

I don't see how using a different busk can make a difference to the length. I would guess there is something else going on. Most likely, it has to do with how you are placing the corset on your body. When people lace tighter, they usually pull the corset lower, under the ribs, so lacing tighter is easier.

As for the cup size, that really depends. If you had a corset that fit well before, what changes did you make for this new corset? The only thing you should have changed was to make the waist one size smaller, but keep the rest the same. I would hazard a guess that at this stage with the bust being too small, that you need to make the whole bust one size larger, and keep the cup size the same. This will let your entire ribcage taper to the smaller waist.

Hard to tell without seeing, though. You can email me photos, no problem. info@trulyvictorian.com.

Return to “Corsets”