Lacing question

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
Maja
Window Shopper

Lacing question

Postby Maja » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Earlier this year I finished my first corset in model TV110 and I am very happy with it. Though when I was wearing it for an event I found it hard to wear for the long amount of time. The biggest issue I found was that when I lace it a lot of stuff gets stuck in the gap in the back around the waist, and when I lace the laces tight in unto it it gets very uncomfortable. For the start it does not feel much but after a while the skin gets very red and sore. Do you think there is any way I could lace it to prevent this? Over all the corset is a bit too small at top and bottom but I am trying to lace it loosely there. In the waist the gap is about 3,5".
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Lacing question

Postby Heather » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 am

Hopefully, you are wearing a chemise under your corset. The chemise will help protect your skin from pinching and rubbing. Never wear your corset next to your skin. A bandeau t-shirt will work, if you don't want it to show.

But I think the problem is not the gap specifically, but the boning at the gap. If your gap is uneven, and it sounds like yours is larger at the top and bottom and narrower in the middle, then the bones are forced to twist to make the bends. If they twist, they dig into your body and can be quite painful.

If this is the problem, then try to make the gap as even as possible as you lace. The true fix is to get a corset that fits better. You might be able to add gussets at the hip and bust to give yourself more room in those areas. But honestly, if it hurts that much, it is time to start over.
Maja
Window Shopper

Postby Maja » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:42 am

Oh, that was very helpful. Thank you very much! :D

Yes I am wearing a chemise under my corset. And I tried lacing it tighter in bust and hips so the gap would be more even and that really helped. I would never have thought about that myself so once again, thank you very much!

And very intesting to learn. :)
Soundbrigade
Costume Afflicted

Postby Soundbrigade » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 am

It could also help a little, especially if you have problems with "stuff" gathering on your back, inside the lacing, to add a modesty panel.
Else I guess it's an impossable task to lace a corset tighter in some places and looser in other, unless you split the cord.
Magnus

When in trouble, when in doubt
Run in circles, scream and shout.

Return to “Corsets”