TV110 Help!!! Did I make it too tall????

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
majors
Costume Afflicted

TV110 Help!!! Did I make it too tall????

Postby majors » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Heather!

I am having a moment of slight panic; please see below images of the final corset...I feel like I made the corset too tall from the waist to the top of the corset. When I sit down the girls are almost under my chin! :shock: I am perfectly willing to make another corset as the pattern goes together beautifully, I am just worried about the over pushed up look I seem to be getting.....your opinion????? Thank you! :bang:
Attachments
unnamed3.jpg
unnamed3.jpg (12.61 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
unnamed2.jpg
unnamed2.jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (14.27 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
Danielle Majors
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV110 Help!!! Did I make it too tall????

Postby Heather » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Well, it does look maybe a bit tall, but certainly not unwearable as is. And overall, I think it looks very nice. You did a great job!

Sometimes the mockups will "shrink", bunching at the waist, so it can be hard to judge height. Looking at your mockups earlier, I had to refrain from saying it looked a bit short, as I new it would get a little taller in the final version. Sometimes, you just have make a corset up and then see how it fits. The final corset is always a little bit different than a mock up, no matter what you do.

Before you make any changes or start over, wear this corset a few times, and let it break in. See how you like it, or if there are any other issues you would want to address in a future version. If you do decide to shorten it a bit, take the extra off just above the waistline, not the top edge. That will drop the whole bust line lower. Maybe go about 3/4" lower?

When you sit down, a corset will always push up some, so you are not going to cure that issue entirely. The best thing is to sit forwards and straight on hard chairs. Sofas are horrible for corset wearers.
majors
Costume Afflicted

Re: TV110 Help!!! Did I make it too tall????

Postby majors » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Heather! Thank you for the super quick response! :D I will break it in and see how things settle in...My bust increased after having twins and I am still learning to work with this new body shape, I appreciate your encouragement and feedback. Now on to the plaid dress!!! :P
Danielle Majors

Return to “Corsets”