Edwardian Corset TVE01 Toile Question

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
CC sewing
Costume Afflicted

Edwardian Corset TVE01 Toile Question

Postby CC sewing » Tue May 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi,
I made the toile of my Edwardian corset today. The majority seems good. The concern I have is about the cup size/fitting at the top. I typically wear a C cup, which is the size cup I used for the toile, but in some bras I take a B. Can you look at the following photos I have attached and tell me if I have too much space at the top? (I'm not sure how much the bust pads will affect the fit, etc.) If the attachments don't open, let me know, perhaps I can email them to you?

Thanks so much, Celeste
Attachments
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 3.jpg
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 3.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 1.jpg
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 1.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 2.jpg
Web Edwardian Corset Toile 2.jpg (14.59 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Edwardian Corset TVE01 Toile Question

Postby Heather » Tue May 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Celeste,

This corset changes your body so much when laced, that you just can't do a mockup to make fitting changes. Go by the numbers on the size chart. And then you just have to make it up and see what happens. The finished corset may or may not support your bust. The whole idea is that the ribcage area is large and you can tighten the waistline under the ribcage. The ribs are then lifted up and forwards into the large bust cavity. The but pads are there to help fill any gaps and keep the bust from falling low into the rib area. If the pads don't fill up the space, then you can make larger pads, or use some other means of taking up the space. Edwardians has a wide variety of "improvers" to choose from. Including air-filled balloon type ones.

I can say that it looks a bit tall on you. Pull the front downwards a bit and then see ho tall it looks. If this is the tall version, then I would suggest going to the mid height instead.

Return to “Corsets”