[TV110] Yet Another Sizing Question

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
Carmen
Window Shopper

[TV110] Yet Another Sizing Question

Postby Carmen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 pm

My uncorseted measurements are bust 51", waist 44", hip 54".

If my comprehension of the other sizing threads is correct, I can either cut a size K-B cup (3" waist reduction) or a size J-D cup (more than 3" waist reduction, counting on the corset to stretch after a couple of wearings), in either case grading out to a size L at the hip. Does that sound right to you?
Heather
Site Admin

Re: [TV110] Yet Another Sizing Question

Postby Heather » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

You want to take 2-4" off of your waist measure only, do not adjust the bust or hip. I think 4" reduction will be fine for you, as often fluffier body types tend to mold easier than leaner body types. So this will leave you with adjusted measure of 51-40-54. If we start at 40 for the waist, that gives you size K for the waist. Then if you go up the column to the 51 for the bust, we have the K-Dcup. If you think you need more rib space and less cup space, you can also go with the bust as size L-Bcup. This will give you more room at the front ribs, sides, and back, and a smaller actual cup than the K-Dcup sizing will.

For the hip, go out to at least the size L. This should be good for the hip, I think, though you might have to go up to size M.
Carmen
Window Shopper

Postby Carmen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Isn't size K with a D cup 53"? My bust is only 51".

Second question: Is the fabric measurement listed on the package enough for both the "fashion" fabric and the lining, or will I need to double it at the store?
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Ah, ok. I keep forgetting. At some point, I changed the sizing from AA-M to A-N, so that it would better match the other patterns. So, yes, if you are working with the older size chart then the labels I gave would be off by one size. Sorry about that. I think we are saying the same sizes, just looking at different charts.

The yardage amount should be enough fabric for both layers. If you are using a different fabric for each layer, you can use less of each fabric
Carmen
Window Shopper

Postby Carmen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 pm

I didn't realize the chart had changed. If I ignore the letters and just go by the chart measurements, you're saying I should use the line on the chart with the 39" waist and the 51" bust, grading to the 52" hip line? :D
Heather
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

Yes, that is what I was looking at. I am sorry for the confusion. But I think you have a good starting point.

Return to “Corsets”