Getting the rounded look at the bustline

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
Miss Cindy
Information Junkie

Getting the rounded look at the bustline

Postby Miss Cindy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Okay, I have been agonizing over my corset. It does not form the round shape that is the ideal. So, I am trying to figure out what could be causing the problem. I think it may have to do with the "clip the seams" part of my assembly. Am I supposed to just make cuts at the main curve parts, or do I actually make the V cut removing some of the fabric? Or is it a combination of the two?
I am talking about the first seam away from the busk. My line there looks straight instead of slightly rounded.
Also, along this line, are the breasts supposed to lay in basically the same spot as they do in my bra? Or are they supposed to be higher? Mind you, after 4 babies worth of breast feeding, they sag...a bunch, so my bra does not lift them a whole lot. :oops:
Thank you!
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17b
ljt
Inquiring Mind

Re: Getting the rounded look at the bustline

Postby ljt » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 pm

I get more lift from my corsets than a bra and I too have nursed 4 babies.. I get a bit more flatted look than true curve from my corsets.
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Getting the rounded look at the bustline

Postby Heather » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 pm

A corset gives you more of a flat-ish underside, unlike a bra which gives you a fully round shape. So don't expect too much from your corset. That is not to say that a corset should flatten you out, though. It should hold you in the same location, or slightly higher, than a bra.

Return to “Corsets”